Hope

Never lose hope of what God can do thru the transitions of our life.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Turning to the next page

 As I think back about my childhood, I know I could probably document almost every memory with a video camera somewhere. Mom was always really good about recording the big and little moments as kids. If I were to put in a VHS tape today, I would mostly likely hear mom's voice saying, "this is a new (or different) chapter in our lives!" 

Us kids used to tease her about saying that everytime. It ironic though, because today....that's what keeps coming to my mind. It's a new chapter in my life. 
My life is a book. The words, actions,
thoughts, possibilites...& dreams are my story. 
Am I embracing the next few pages or
 am I dreading them/fearing what MIGHT happen? 

I was looking up scriptures that say "don't fear" and found
Isaiah 8:11-12; it says, "God spoke strongly to me,
grabbed me with both hands and warned me
not to go along with this people. He said:
   "Don't be like this people,
   always afraid somebody is plotting against them.
Don't fear what they fear.
   Don't take on their worries."

I've turned many "pages" in my life. I've experienced
things I never thought I would (the loss of childhood securities), could (love at 1st sight), or even should (forsaken by that once said "lasting love").
But I survived it....NOT because of ME. God gets the complete spotlight! God carried me completely. How I not trust Him since i'm asking Him to be the author & editor of my life...my book.
So with courage, I obey God's words to STOP worrying, trust that He won't ever disappoint me, and know that the ups and downs of a book are what make it exciting!





No comments:

Post a Comment