Hope

Never lose hope of what God can do thru the transitions of our life.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

2 Bleeding Ulcers!

At the beginning of this year, I felt challenged to temporarily give up some small things in my life. Nothing major, right? Right! Well, I'm just 7 months into this "challenge" I have been diagnosed with 2 bleeding ulcers.

I've been on a liquid diet for about a month now. Ugh...awful right?! Honestly, after the inital desire of just wanting to chew food went away I became completely satisfied with having something on my stomach. Avocado's, butternut squash (pureed), goat milk, ice cream, mango, yogurt, & broth--that's my list of CAN's!

Being the researcher I am, I've discovered a lot about ulcers: how they occur, what irritates them, how to care for yourself to ensure your stomach heals properly. Google is an amazing tool! :)

I didn't realize how serious my condition was until my body literally started screaming at me with drastic measures.

I wonder how many times I've done that emotionally. Spiritually. Relationally. Have a weakness, an area that screams at me to be improved. Does it eat away creating bitterness, fear, and even push me to act out? Like an ulcer, the more damage I do the worse it gets. The consequenses get more severe.

In this moment, I have 2 choices.
  1. Get help ASAP!! If  I can't do it alone then find someone I trust who will go at this journey with me. 
  2. Ignore it. Initially this is what happens anyway..but if I let it simmer long enough...HUGE consequences will erupt for me those closest.
So my goal is clear today. Get. Better. It's time I take an honest look at myself & be willing to reach out & recieve help. Hopefully, I'll better very soon.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment